It’s a Babywise Friendly Blog Network Week! This week I will be highlighting blogs all about different aspects of play. Play is so important for children, and I really believe it is a learning experience for them every time.
Today Valerie from Chronicles of a Babywise Mom blogs about the importance of independent play in older children. Ben is only two, so I can’t speak from experience, but I think she has some great points on the importance of this play time. I love independent play for Ben. It encourages him to entertain himself, which is a skill I think all people need. We still do this play time in a smaller space, so it encourages my busy boy to take a break and focus on just a few things, instead of running all over the place. I have seen it build his confidence in himself and his ability to be on his own. Plus, it allows me some time to get work done here at the office- a very necessary thing! I plan to keep independent play time a part of our routine for a long time to come, and I will be introducing the girls to it when they are ready. Read Valerie’s blog to learn more!
Be sure to check out all the bloggers this week:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood
- Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home
- Wednesday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright
- Thursday: Stephanie at Giving It Grace
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures
- Friday: Guest blogger Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?