This post has been updated with more activities May 2020.
It’s been an interesting spring to say the least. We, like most people, have been spending almost all our time at home. That means we have been doing all our at home activities.
We plan on staying home a lot more than usual in the next few months too. This is a big change from our normal breaks of library trips, splash pads, zoo time, and more. We have to find more things to do at home.
Anyone else getting a little burnt out on the at home activities?
I know I’m not alone in wondering this. But I have a good start on how to entertain kids 5 years old and under this summer.
What's In This Post?
- Preschool and Toddler Activities for Summer
- Fun Summer Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Science by the Pool: Easy Summer STEM Activities
- Sunscreen Painting: STEAM For Kids
- Ice Cream Playdough: The Best No Cook Playdough
- Paint-Less Watercolor Process Art for Kids
- How To Make Butter with Kids: The Science of Churning Butter
- Colored Rice and Other Rainbow Sensory Bin Ideas
- 27 Taste Safe Sensory Play for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- TEACHING THE ALPHABET: 1.5 years old
- Book Bingo Reading Challenge
- Moon Activities for Preschoolers
- How Did You Hear That? Simple Sound Science for Kids
- At Home Chemistry: Cleaning Pennies with Ketchup
- The Science of Slime and the Best Homemade Recipes
- 3 Easy Science Activities to Teach Kids How Colors Work
- 5 Easy Musical Instruments to Make with Your Children
- Why Should Kids Color? 7 Big Benefits Coloring Provides for Kids
- Kids Can Code! Simple and Fun Lego Coding Activities
- How To Create a Tasty and Fun Archaeological Experience
- Funicular Trains: Pulleys for Kids
- Growing Crystals for Kids: Create Your Own Jewels!
- Anatomy Activities for Kids
- Snow Sensory Bins: Must Do Winter Activities for Kids
- DIY Confetti Poppers for Kids!
- Childhood Learning Basics
- How To Make Paper Dice (with Free Printable!)
- I Spy Bottles: Engaging Sensory Independent Play
- Busy Bags: Keeping Kids Entertained So Mom Can Be Productive
- 20 of the Best Outdoor Toys for Toddlers
- 5 Cheap and Easy Outdoor Activities For Toddlers
- 5 Easy Disney Movie Themed Nights
- 5 Great Ways To Teach Numbers To Your Toddler
- Inexpensive Summer Toys That Will Keep Your Toddler Busy
- Why You Should Let Your Child Be Bored This Summer
- Water Safety Swim Lessons For Kids: Spear’s Survival Swim Experience
- 10 Tips for Safe Swimming with Twins
- Toddler Summer Activities
Preschool and Toddler Activities for Summer
I do feel as though some pressure is off now that distance learning is done. I want to encourage my kids to continue to learn, but I don’t have to worry about getting the right assignments done and sent in. And we can focus on what my kids really want to learn about, which is much more fun and easier.
My favorite fun summer activities for preschoolers and toddlers are easy. Why? If they get too complicated you aren’t going to do them. Simple and fun things to do with toddlers in the summer let you keep the laid back summer feel without your kids driving you up the wall.
This list of summer activities for preschoolers and toddlers will help you set up a summer of fun without stressing out too much.
Toddler Summer Activities
Toddler summer activities are best when they are simple, cheap, and fun. This list gives all that and more.
I know summer can feel like it is stretching out forever right now, but you can do this, Mama. These activities will help.
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?